Pages

Saturday 26 March 2011

17 Vintage Love Metallic Nudes Palette



17 is a brand that is severely neglected by my despite the fact that I've had some very impressive products from there! I like to think this is because it's only available in Boots rather than any product snobbery from me (of which I am sure I've probably been guilty of over the last year or so). I tend to shop in Superdrug for high street cosmetics as they do a wonderful 10% student discount that suits my pocket to a tee!

However, a short while ago (we're talking a week and a bit) I found myself browsing 17's counter. This eyeshadow palette was limited edition along with another that sadly, I didn't buy. When I went back for it today, there were none of either palette left which I think says something about the palette's quality.


The first thing I want to say about this palette is how beautiful is the design? Some people have said it reminds them of a snail, others a butterfly but I think we can all agree that it's beautiful! The palette also comes with a good size mirror, sturdy and cute packaging and a handy sponge applicator.



So here are some swatches that were taken in natural daylight. They are only very thin swatches - although the colours are very buildable, I wanted to review them on their initial application!

As you can (hopefully) see, the shades are all really pigmented with number three, aka the gold, being the stand out colour pigmentation-wise for me! Number one (the pewter/taupe-silver) is probably the least pigmented but even that packs a good punch and it's such a beautiful colour that I can't bring myself to worry!

I love the shimmer of these shadows, though in a way they're too shimmery for day wear. One colour paired with other matte ones would be fine but the whole palette is best reserved for night time when it's okay to resemble a disco ball (and I have, let me tell you :p).

The texture is also really smooth and silky, almost reminiscent of mousse eyeshadows! No hideous, chalky textures here!

One of the only drawbacks of this palette is that I don't think it would work well with ageing eyelids simply because the shimmer of the shadows shows up every imperfection. At eighteen, I like to think I have no wrinkles but a too heavy application made my eyelids look slightly crepey! This is definitely best used with a light hand!

All in all, I love this product! I am a neutrals girl and so something like this has automatic appeal to me! However, I really think this is a great value product and I hope 17 introduce new ones/palettes like this to the permanent range. 

17's Vintage Love Metallic Nudes palette is £5.49 for 4g of product and is available from Boots! 


4 comments:

Jessimacat said...

Yeah when I saw this pallette on Youtube I thought it was very pretty (the shapes really attract me). Wish I could get one, but seeing as I live accross the ocean from a Boots I doubt I'll get my hands on it :p

Lozrii said...

Aww mann! That sucks! :/ I wish brands made all their makeup world wide! I just think they're missing out! Same, I love the shape! Thank you very much for commenting! :D x

dl.blogspot said...

Wow verry pigmented, and a reasonable price! Looks awesome

Alyssa said...

Beautiful colors, I love the way your word everything! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see your next post!

beautyandfashionmashup.blogspot.com
-The BF Mashup