Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Avon Moisture Seduction Lipstick - Nude Perfection

Nude Perfection is an apt name for this lipstick. Often, Avon products for me can be hit and miss, and though their lipsticks are normally pretty good, I have come across a few clangers in my time. Not in the case of Nude Perfection though. This lipstick is one of Avon's best and takes the title of the best Avon product of the year (so far)! Well, for me anyway.



Avon describes their new lipsticks as a 'rich lipstick intertwined with ribbons of hydrating moisture'. Basically, this is fancy talk for a lipstick that moisturises as well as adds colour.


Here you can see fairly easily the so-called moisture ribbons. Looks pretty cool, right? :)

I was pretty intrigued by the idea as I seem to suffer constantly at the minute with the dreaded dry lips, plus the promo shots looked pretty appealing in the colour pay off stakes. 

As my mum's an Avon rep, we also got sent a sample lipstick which is now lurking around my lipstick container - remind me to review that one (Red Kiss) at a later date. I loved the colour payoff but decided to go for a colour that would be practical for daily wear, aka not too bright that I feel self-conscious wearing it.

Here's a (admittedly dark) picture of my lips without the lipstick:



And here's a lovely shot of me wearing it:



As you can see, it really is a lovely nude! I think the picture is a little deceptive, not really showing how pigmented the lipstick is. Nude Perfection is a great, suit all colour.

The formula itself glides on smoothly, doesn't settle into lip lines and doesn't seem to bleed (yes, at eighteen, I sometimes suffer from the dreaded bleeding). It's also quite moisturising which is great for winter and summer! Another plus side is the SPF 15 if like me you tend to suffer from burnt lips (I swear every part of me burns. Come summer, I will be the walking lobster). 

The only downside to this lipstick is that the staying time isn't as long as I'd like, but then I think that's eclipsed by the great formula and colour range. Whilst not as many as some brands, the ten colours cater to everyone's needs - there are neutrals, pinks, reds, browns and berry colours.

To conclude, I think this lipstick is going to become one of my makeup staples as it's a great little product at an affordable price. What more can you ask for? 

Avon Ultra Colour Moisture Seduction Lipstick is available online and through an Avon rep for £8.50. However, Avon are pretty good at deals and currently, the brochure price is £6.00 


1 comment:

Holly said...

What a lovely color! I ordered two of them just last week! One in Perfect Pink and the other in Rose Wine... I am super excited to get them! PS please follow me on my new beauty blog: ultaismycandystore.blogspot.com

-Holly