Pages

Sunday 6 February 2011

Liz Earle Skin Care

Recently, I've been on an epic journey trying to discover a new skin care regime that would banish the dry skin forever and ever. Several trials later and I finally think I'm onto a winner! Liz Earle, I salute you. 

I purchased three things as part of a winter offer - Instant Boost Tonic, Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and the rather lovely Superskin Moisturiser - and got a full size Eye Bright Soothing Eye Lotion free! A bargain in my books - I always feel like I've done exceedingly well if something free comes into the mix. Plus, as a first time customer, I got a free 30ml Hot Cloth Cleanser thrown in too! :) 



Quite a result, if I do say so myself. 

Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

I love this little baby! The recipient of numerous awards, I was a bit dubious as to how great this would be. Quite often, I've tried award winning products only to find myself disappointed - not the case with Hot Cloth Cleanser.

Liz Earle claims the cleanser works on all ages and all skin types. Obviously I can't vouch for that but I can say it works wonders for my dry skin, leaving it feeling soft and clean as opposed to tight. The natural ingredients mean that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all and I can say 100% that it removes all makeup - even stubborn waterproof mascara! :D 


I left the full size cleanser in it's packaging for the purpose of the photo! Packaging was gorgeous, very professional and expensive looking! It was luxury just looking at it! :)

The cleanser is available to buy in numerous sizes. The size in the deal was the 100ml pump, but they do 30ml, 50ml, 100ml and even 200ml sizes so it's perfect for whatever your needs. I've decided to keep the free 30ml one they sent me for when I go away. 

It comes with two muslin cloths which are the 'polish' part of the cleansing. You gently buff off the cleanser with a cloth rinsed in warm water and voila, the makeup and daily grime is gone! 

£13.25 for a 100ml starter kit - 2 muslin cloths and a 100ml hot cloth cleanser. 

Instant Boost Tonic


This toner claims to be non-drying and moisturising. Whilst I can't say I find it particularly moisturising, it is definitely non-drying and very soothing! I love the way it makes my skin feel refreshed, and it also works great as a cleanser in the morning if like me, you're sometimes running late and have no time for a full cleanse!

If you dislike floral scents, this might not be the product for you. However, I quite like the scent. It's soothing and leaves your face smelling fresh like a daisy (forgive the pun)! 

Again, like the cleanser, you can purchase this in several sizes and even as a spritzer for a refreshing bit of moisture during the day! I got to say, I think that'll be my next Liz Earle buy! :)

£11.72 for a 200ml bottle! 

Superskin Moisturiser



This gorgeous, scent-free cream is my holy grail! It's formulated for ageing (not-so-much me) and very dry (now we're in business) skin, perfect for little old me. 

The formula itself is beautifully rich but not greasy. 


However, the one draw back with this face cream is the price -  a whopping £33.20 for 50ml! :o I got it as part of the deal which made it cheaper. However, it really is a massive amount for a face cream that I've been using up rather quickly (more to do with the fact that every other hour or so, I find myself putting some on out of habit - must stop).

Price aside though, it really is a beautiful face cream that I will probably be repurchasing when it runs out.

Eyebright


If, like me, you suffer from various allergies (pet hair, horses, grass seeds etc) and/or hayfever (guilty), or even just have had something in your eye, then you'll understand how horrific itchy eyes can be. In the summer, I am driven insane by hayfever (which always seems to strike around exam time - lucky me) and have spent the last ten years of my life looking for something - anything - to help soothe my eyes.

I think I have found it.

Not only does eyebright soothe my eyes (When I have time, I like to place a couple of cotton pads soaked in eyebright over my eyes and let it do its magic. More likely is I sweep some eyebright over my eyes in the morning to wake them up), it also is effective at removing pesky eye makeup - liquid liner, I'm talking to you! 

It also helps wake tired eyes up in the morning and decrease the puffiness of too many late nights and early rises. 

At £9.70 for 150mls, it's also not the worst price. Admittedly though, it's not the best.

Final Thoughts


I am in love with these products. Whilst they're not the cheapest of skin products, I do find them fully effective and kind to my skin. Since using them, my skin has transformed. It's now easier to apply my foundation as my skin has a normal texture as opposed to being scaly, and as a definite bonus, my skin has been given a radiance boost! 

All in all, I'd definitely recommend these products! 

J'Adore <3

No comments: